Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1017054
Failed installation because of JBOSS_HOME pointing to different directory doesnt shut down the AS
Last modified: 2014-02-06 10:26:11 EST
Description of problem:
When JBOSS_HOME is set to different directory than the install directory, the installation fails and the process is not terminated
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: 100%
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set JBOSS_HOME for example to "/home/user/jboss-eap-6.1"
2. start the installation and install the new EAP into "/home/user/test"
3. in the post install configuration (where the server is starting) the exception is displayed
4. server should shut down as it's displayed in the log
5. run the installation again
6. "The port 9999 is already in use and is required for this installation. Please free up port 9999 and try the installation again"
Actual results: server process is still running
Expected results: server process is terminated
Reproduced in F18.
This has been corrected by overriding any present JBOSS_HOME with the install path of the current installation.
verified on ER7-2