Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1017745
Use community bom
Last modified: 2016-02-10 03:55:53 EST
Modeshape should import and align to use the versions in the community integration platform bom (https://github.com/jboss-integration/jboss-integration-platform-bom/)
From a ModeShape perspective, the following changes are required (blocker) before being able to actually use the BOM:
1) Remove dependency exclusions, with the exception of the cases where those exclusions actually fix a bug in the owning artifact (i.e. wrong transitive dependency set). See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1006607.
2) Change the Infinispan & JGroups versions to match those from EAP 6.1.1 - 5.2.7.Final and 3.2.10.Final.
Also, the Lucene 4.0.0 dependency is in conflict with what ModeShape requires: 3.6.2.Final. ModeShape requires this version from 2 different places:
a) directly - it uses the Lucene API
b) via Hibernate Search 4.3.0.Final
Since 4.0.0 is a major Lucene version change, the only option atm. is for ModeShape to overwrite this dependency.
In order to DEV ACK this, the following have to be resolved:
1) the Lucene version conflict - ModeShape *cannot* move to 4.0.0 (see mailing list for the discussion)
2) https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1006607 needs to be fixed
Removed DEV ACK (see previous comment)
To re-describe the problem:
1) the current BOM version has by default transitive dependencies exclusions (e.g. in the case of infinispan-core) which negatively affect any project which uses that BOM. This is an acknowledged issue which is "documented" in: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1006607
2) DroolsJBPM apparently needs Lucene 4.0 (which is what the current BOM version has), while ModeShape cannot work with this version because a) it's a major API change/incompatibility and b) isn't used by the version of Hibernate Search that ModeShape requires. One way to solve this conflict is to acknowledge that one of the 2 projects needs to overwrite this version.
Until the above described issues are not solved and/or decided upon, ModeShape cannot change to use the integration BOM.
It's also worth mentioning that the component versions ModeShape uses are aligned with EAP 6.1.1, so there shouldn't be any version conflicts when building the products.
From a DV perspective, has Teiid made these changes in their product branch ?
ModeShape's build system in the product repository now uses the integration bom.
The last commit id: https://github.com/jboss-integration/modeshape/commit/dbabef399d415336417bf0a1f26145680ff77c70
Changed back to ASSIGNED, because of the latest changes regarding splitting the BOM. Additional work is required once the IP BOM changes have occurred.
Updated ModeShape to use the split version of the BOM.
Commit ID: https://github.com/jboss-integration/modeshape/commit/f1bfac05f27b80618ed4799ecc94176632539b18
Assuming this is not to be reported as an issue in the Release Notes - setting to requires_doc_text- accordingly.