Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1017813
ejb-security-* Quickstarts backward compatibility
Last modified: 2014-01-12 19:22:50 EST
Description of problem:
jboss-security had package name changes from 7.2 to 7.3 which caused the Quickstarts (ejb-security-*) to stop working.
I made some changes to fix that:
but since this causes some backwards compatibility problems I'd like to revert than and ask that the API should be fixed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
<module name="org.jboss.as.controller" />
<module name="org.jboss.as.core-security" />
From: 7.2.1.Final-redhat-10 to 7.3.0.Final-redhat-8
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Checkout https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-eap-quickstarts
2. Checkout 6.2.x branch
3. Cd into ejb-security-plug
4. Run the quickstart
The ejb-security-interceptors, ejb-security-plus, and ejb-security-propagation quickstarts use private APIs and should not have been accepts as EAP quickstarts.
I suggest we remove them from both the master and 6.2.x branch of https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-eap-quickstarts.
If these were not shipped with any previous releases, I'm in favor of removing them, to discourage users from relying on private APIs.
The documentation also points to that quickstart:
Refer to the ejb-security-interceptors quickstart for a complete working example.
In that case we probably need a separate BZ to figure out whether that API change is acceptable. And decide if it needs to be changed back, or add some compatibility layer.
See related issue: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1017856
For the ejb-security-interceptors quickstart:
* The changes to the imports in the source code was reverted.
* A note was added that it uses a private API.
* The quickstart will not compile with the ER5 app server. The plan is to revert back to and deprecate the API.
The new ejb-security-plus and ejb-security-propagation quickstarts:
* Were removed from https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-eap-quickstarts/ 6.2.x branch.
* The same 2 quickstarts will be moved from the master branch to https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-sandbox-quickstarts
Verified on EAP 6.2 ER6