Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1019499
build artifact is shipped with katello-headpin rpm
Last modified: 2014-05-20 10:46:44 EDT
Description of problem:
The file /usr/share/katello/locale/messages.mo is a build artifact and should be removed during %build.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 18.104.22.168-1, but occurs in older versions as well
How reproducible: every time
Steps to Reproduce:
1. do a build of the katello rpm and grab katello-headpin
2. rpm -qpl katello-headpin, note that /usr/share/katello/locale/messages.mo is in the manifest
3. rpm2cpio <rpm name> | cpio -idmv
4. cd usr/share/katello/locale
5. find -name "*.mo" | xargs md5sum | sort
messages.mo exists, and has the same md5sum as katello.mo for one of the languages. The last run of .mo file creation does not get its messages.mo file cleaned up after copying to the lang dir.
Expected results: messages.mo should not exist
Additional info: this was found by rpmdiff, the katello.mo files were built in a different order for some reason which caused messages.mo to have a different size.