Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1019605
Enable SSL in Horizon requires more options
Last modified: 2016-07-19 06:29:21 EDT
Description of problem:
When using SSL,
it may be useful to add python-django-secure to INSTALLED_APPS in /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/settings.py
Also, when on SSL:
- Set the SECURE_SSL_REDIRECT setting to True if all non-SSL requests should be permanently redirected to SSL.
- Set the SECURE_HSTS_SECONDS setting to an integer number of seconds and SECURE_HSTS_INCLUDE_SUBDOMAINS to True, if you want to use HTTP Strict Transport Security.
- Set the SECURE_FRAME_DENY setting to True, if you want to prevent framing of your pages and protect them from clickjacking.
- Set the SECURE_CONTENT_TYPE_NOSNIFF setting to True, if you want to prevent the browser from guessing asset content types.
- Set the SECURE_BROWSER_XSS_FILTER setting to True, if you want to enable the browser’s XSS filtering protections.
- Set SESSION_COOKIE_SECURE and SESSION_COOKIE_HTTPONLY to True if you are using django.contrib.sessions. These settings are not part of django-secure, but they should be used if running a secure site, and the checksecure management command will check their values.
Those settings can be checked with django-secure installed and running ./mangage.py checksecure
I forgot: many (all?) of these options are only applicable, when also using SSL, because redirects will be directed to the ssl site.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 22 development cycle.
Changing version to '22'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.
Fedora 22 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2016-07-19. Fedora 22 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.