Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1019681
RBAC description in Release Notes incomprehensible
Last modified: 2014-08-14 11:23:46 EDT
I find the RBAC description in Release Notes hard to understand. Here's a bunch of suggestions to make it better:
1. improving access control over management operations -> improving
[granularity of] access control for management operations
- the [granularity of] part is not absolutely necessary, but IMO it makes the description more accurate
- "over" should be changed to "for", I believe (but then, I'm not a native speaker)
2. comment-line interface -> command-line interface
- just a typo
3. "via either the command-line interface (CLI) or management console" -- that's not very precise, it applies to _all_ management interfaces (though CLI and console are the most prominent ones); on the other hand, it's mentioned correctly in the last sentence, so maybe it's not a big deal
4. Group membership is associated with one of several roles -> Users and
user groups can be assigned one of several roles
- can't really understand what the original means
Here's a restatement.
Role-based access control (RBAC) has been implemented, improving granularity of access control for management operations through all management interfaces. Users and groups can be associated with one of several roles that determine the level of access to the management operations.
This is a lot better, thanks!
On stage and ready for review (Revision 2.0-2):