Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 10207
Several (minor) bugs in plan and plan-
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:54 EDT
- plan-1.8.2-1 and plan-server-1.8.2-1 both contain /usr/sbin/netplan
Only plan-server should have netplan, otherwise we have conflicts
- startup of netplan in /etc/rc.d/init.d/netplan doesn't work (netplan is
not in /usr/lib/netplan)
- If the plan package is installed, pland should be started via
test -x /usr/sbin/pland && /usr/sbin/pland -k &&
- There should be an empty directory .plan.dir and empty files
.plan.dir/dayplan and .plan.dir/dayplan.priv in /etc/skel
- If I remember correctly the holiday-file should be copied to
$HOME/.plan.dir/holiday not $HOME/.holiday (It would be fine if not only
american holidays are installed, but this is difficult to handle
- After some time I get the message (from pland)
plan: X server fails to send timer events, switching to synchronous file
writing. Time displays will be wrong.
plan used to work perfectly with DLD 6.01.
I'll take a look at the DLD package to see what the differences were. Thanks for
the heads up.
OK, looks like I fixed all the problems you mentioned minus messing with users
.Xclients-default file. I am not comfortable with doing that since it can vary
quite a bit from user to user.
The package will show up in rawhide whenever that gets updated.
Here's the changelog from the package I just built FYI:
* Wed May 17 2000 Tim Powers <email@example.com>
- fixed problems reported by <firstname.lastname@example.org> in bug #10207
- updated to 1.8.3
- major cleanups in the spec
- use applnk instead of wmconfig
- fixed the netplan init so it actually works now
- fixed so that it builds with XFree86 4.0
You will want to rebuild the source RPM for your machine though.