Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 102301
graphical login add a key while typing user id
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:56:51 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Description of problem:
when i type my user id "fx", after the "f" it appears a "Ã¹" =) it's a very
note: i have graphical login in italian
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. power on =)
2. wait for graphical login =)
3. type "f"
Actual Results: it appears an "Ã¹" =)
I would not too suprised if this was a kernel bug, or possibly a
It's very hard for me to imagine how this could be produced via X
or GTK+, and there is certainly nothing different about hitting
an 'f' on a Italian keyboard as compared to any other keyboard.
- If you type 'f' again, do you get another Ã¹?
- If you type some other key other than f as the first key
after bootup, do you get garbage?
- If you boot into runlevel 3, is there any garbage when you
first type something?
sorry for being late!
- if i type "f" again, i get another "Ã¹", but if i type "f" again no! =) it
happens only first two times.
- i tried with some other key but i don't get any garbage
- if i boot into runlevel 3, i don't get any garbage!
if you have more questions, i'm here!
If you log in, then log out again, do you get the bug again?
This bug is quite old now. Given the lack of activity on this report and the
likelihood that this bug has already been fixed, I am going to close it. If you
encounter the problem discussed in this report with Fedora Core 3 or a recent
version of gdm, feel free to reopen.