Bug 1025093 - Review and update "Signing Up" page for style and general language [NEEDINFO]
Review and update "Signing Up" page for style and general language
Status: CLOSED UPSTREAM
Product: Zanata
Classification: Community
Component: Component-Docs (Show other bugs)
unspecified
Unspecified Unspecified
high Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: David O'Brien
Zanata-QA Mailling List
:
Depends On:
Blocks: TrackerGettingStarted
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-10-30 21:48 EDT by David O'Brien
Modified: 2015-07-30 21:47 EDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2015-07-30 21:47:10 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
daobrien: needinfo?


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description David O'Brien 2013-10-30 21:48:23 EDT
Description of problem:

Need to address some consistency and terminology issues.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):



Additional info:
Comment 1 David O'Brien 2013-10-30 22:12:37 EDT
Question about the following on http://zanata.org/help/accounts/sign-up/

To create an account using OpenID:

 1. Click `Login` at the upper right of the page.
 2. Select your OpenID type or enter an OpenID url.

When I click "Login" I see a series of login options in the form of icons - Fedora, Google, MyOpenID, Open ID, and others.

Does this step just mean choose between the two OpenID options?

There doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter an OpenID URL.

thanks
Comment 2 David O'Brien 2013-10-30 22:42:45 EDT
Another question about the same page:

Adding a Password

If you have registered with OpenID, you can still set up a password and sign in directly. To set a password, click Change Password under your profile settings and enter the desired password.

I can't find "Change Password" anywhere.
Comment 3 David O'Brien 2013-10-30 23:07:43 EDT
Last question (I hope) on the same page:

*Note: if you want to translate a project that falls under the Fedora CLA, you must add a Fedora OpenID to your Zanata account. You can then sign in with your password or any OpenID account and be allowed to translate Fedora projects.*

"sign in with your password" - which one?

thanks
Comment 4 David O'Brien 2013-10-30 23:11:13 EDT
Can't find this either:

To add an OpenID account to your Zanata account, use Manage Identities under your profile settings.
Comment 5 Ding-Yi Chen 2013-10-31 02:05:41 EDT
(In reply to David O'Brien from comment #1)
> Question about the following on http://zanata.org/help/accounts/sign-up/
> 
> To create an account using OpenID:
> 
>  1. Click `Login` at the upper right of the page.
>  2. Select your OpenID type or enter an OpenID url.
> 
> When I click "Login" I see a series of login options in the form of icons -
> Fedora, Google, MyOpenID, Open ID, and others.
> 
> Does this step just mean choose between the two OpenID options?
> 
> There doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter an OpenID URL.
> 
> thanks

To Sign-Up, you need to click "Sign Up" (so the document is wrong).

There are 2 ways to sign up:
1. Register to Zanata itself (Internal authentication), that is, you need to fill out all the form and click the activation link in email. You can change password in Zanata.

2. Register with Open ID (FAS, Google, or Generic openid), with it, you can use your, say, FAS user account and password to sign up and login to Zanata. To change password, you need to use FAS to change password.
Comment 6 Ding-Yi Chen 2013-10-31 02:18:02 EDT
> 
> To Sign-Up, you need to click "Sign Up" (so the document is wrong).
> 
> There are 2 ways to sign up:
> 1. Register to Zanata itself (Internal authentication), that is, you need to
> fill out all the form and click the activation link in email. You can change
> password in Zanata.
> 
> 2. Register with Open ID (FAS, Google, or Generic openid), with it, you can
> use your, say, FAS user account and password to sign up and login to Zanata.
> To change password, you need to use FAS to change password.

Wait, when you sign up with OpenID, you will still need to create a Zanata username.

For example, if your openid is USERA@fedoraproject.org, and you create USERB.
You can click <YOURICON>->Setting->Change password to change password for USERB.
Comment 7 Ding-Yi Chen 2013-10-31 02:21:55 EDT
(In reply to David O'Brien from comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> 
> Need to address some consistency and terminology issues.
> 

BTW, I did build a taxonomy on the terminology:

https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/wiki/General-Terminology
https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/wiki/Web-UI-Taxonomy

Regards,
Comment 8 David O'Brien 2013-10-31 03:25:13 EDT
96eadeb..8499bb0  master -> master

Have been over a lot of the above and fixed a few things. Will probably need one more pass before QA.
Comment 9 David Mason 2013-11-04 19:56:46 EST
(In reply to Ding-Yi Chen from comment #5)
> To Sign-Up, you need to click "Sign Up" (so the document is wrong).

This is not strictly true - if you log in with OpenID from the Login page it will trigger a signup. I believe there has been a change to the signup page since these instructions were written.
Comment 10 David Mason 2013-11-04 20:00:31 EST
(In reply to David O'Brien from comment #2)
> Another question about the same page:
> 
> Adding a Password
> 
> If you have registered with OpenID, you can still set up a password and sign
> in directly. To set a password, click Change Password under your profile
> settings and enter the desired password.
> 
> I can't find "Change Password" anywhere.

Anywhere I have written "under your profile settings" or similar, the intent is to indicate the user settings page. Access the user settings page with these steps:

 1. Expand the menu on the right
 2. Click "Settings"
Comment 11 David O'Brien 2013-11-18 06:05:55 EST
(In reply to Ding-Yi Chen from comment #7)
> 
> BTW, I did build a taxonomy on the terminology:
> 
> https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/wiki/General-Terminology
> https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/wiki/Web-UI-Taxonomy
> 

Can I suggest that we take the Zanata-specific terms from here (if there are any) and put them in a Glossary under "Zanata" and use existing references for most of the others? I'm not sure how well this will work because Zanata is so exposed to the public, while the references I'm referring to are mostly internal.

There's also quite a lot of indentation that I don't quite follow. e.g.,

List
    An ordered group of items of same kind. E.g. Project List, Document List.
    Pager List
        A List that will show more items whenever user clicks "more".
        Activity List
            A Pager List for activities.
        Maintained Project List 

I'm not familiar with some of these terms (e.g., Activity List) so I can't really comment.

How much leeway do I have?

cheers
Comment 12 David O'Brien 2013-12-01 21:20:58 EST
Re Comment #11, we (generally, ECS) are aiming for a centralized database of terms that anyone in Red Hat can look up whenever they need to. We haven't settled on a system yet, but I'd prefer to make any sort of Zanata list part of an existing list rather starting a new one.
Comment 13 Zanata Migrator 2015-07-30 21:47:10 EDT
Migrated; check JIRA for bug status: http://zanata.atlassian.net/browse/ZNTA-538

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.