Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1025205
BVT: smb mount is failing for glusterfs.x86_64 0:22.214.171.124rhs-1.el6rhs
Last modified: 2013-11-27 10:44:51 EST
Description of problem:
SMB mount is failing with latest glusterfs.x86_64 0:126.96.36.199rhs-1.el6rhs
mount -t cifs \\\\10.70.40.130\\gluster-testvol /mnt/cifs
Retrying with upper case share name
mount error(6): No such device or address
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHSS ISO RHSS-2.1-20131023.n.0 i.e. Use gluster packages previous to 188.8.131.52rhs-1
2. Create a gluster volume, start it
3. Verify that it is accessible. (mount it using smb in Linux/Windows client)
4. Stop the volume
5. Update gluster and samba packages to latest i.e. glusterfs.x86_64 0:184.108.40.206rhs-1.el6rhs and amba-common-3.6.9-160.6.el6rhs.x86_64
6. Start the volume and try to to mount it.
Mount is failing.
Mount should happen successfully.
This is because resolution of / is failing in glfs_resolve_at().
Patch URL please.
A patch posted by Avati for libgfapi had introduced this, and was removed. https://code.engineering.redhat.com/gerrit/#/c/14861/
Patch posted for U1 at
Patch posted for U2 at
Verified on build glusterfs-220.127.116.11rhs. Smb mount can be done from Windows and Linux.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.