Bug 1025363 - Admin Console returns a 503
Admin Console returns a 503
Status: CLOSED WORKSFORME
Product: OpenShift Origin
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Pod (Show other bugs)
2.x
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Luke Meyer
libra bugs
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-10-31 10:37 EDT by Wesley Hearn
Modified: 2016-01-29 11:17 EST (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2016-01-29 11:17:31 EST
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Stacktrace from the http error_log (285.91 KB, text/x-log)
2013-10-31 10:37 EDT, Wesley Hearn
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Wesley Hearn 2013-10-31 10:37:32 EDT
Created attachment 817933 [details]
Stacktrace from the http error_log

Description of problem: Admin console does not work in INT


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
2.0.35

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Deploy admin console
2. Set up routes
3. Try access the admin console

Actual results:
Get a 503 with a stack trace inside our http error_log

Expected results:
We should see the pretty admin console

Additional info:
See attached for the stacktrace
Comment 1 Luke Meyer 2013-10-31 12:42:47 EDT
Ruby appears to be choking at a very low level while initializing libv8 from therubyracer. This is used to compile JS assets, but I don't think it's even getting as far as trying to compile something, just loading the code.

Given I have no idea what causes this and can't reproduce in a devenv, my suggestion would be to do what we're going to have to do eventually anyway, and precompile the assets. Hopefully that will allow us to remove the asset pipeline from even needing to load in production mode.
Comment 2 Clayton Coleman 2013-10-31 13:33:09 EDT
We've seen this before, usually relates to therubyracer picking up the wrong runtim env.
Comment 3 Luke Meyer 2013-11-19 12:05:08 EST
I thought this might be due to the admin-console having an unstated dependency that wouldn't get installed on a broker-only host. So, under OSE I installed a broker-only host. I removed v8, which I thought might be the thing missing Online (only needed by broker-utils via mongodb). I removed the rhc client.

Still I did not see this problem. admin-console requires therubyracer, which requires v8, both from SCL. So I don't think it's a dependency issue, unless something is quite different in Online.
Comment 4 Andy Grimm 2016-01-29 11:17:31 EST
We haven't seen this issue in ages.  No need to keep tracking, I don't think.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.