Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1026857
PRD34 - [RFE] High Availability flag should be included when exporting/importing from Export Domain
Last modified: 2016-02-10 15:18:54 EST
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
We would really like the correct High Availability setting to be included in the VM metadata so it is correctly reflected upon import.
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
We need this because we expect the correct VM setting to be reflected between the exported and imported VM.
It's kinda inconvenient to have to correct the HA setting when you are importing 300+ VM's during a migration exercise !
4. How would the customer like to achieve this?
I want the HA setting to be included in the the exported VM metadata and for it to be correctly reflected upon import.
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Test an export/import of a VM with HA settings applied
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
7. How quickly does this need resolved?
ASAP - 3.4
8. List the affected packages
9. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Failed on importing / exporting of template
steps to reproduce:
1. Create HA VM
2. Create template1 from HA VM
3. Export template1 to export domain
4. Import template as clone to template2 (HA set to False -> should be True)
5. Remove template1
6. Import template as clone to template1 (HA set to False -> should be True)
moving back to assigned
This feature is handling a vm and not a template.
Please retest using vm export and import.
Verified and opened new RFE for templates
verified in ovirt-engine-backend-3.4.0-0.7.beta2.el6.noarch
steps to reproduce:
1. Create HA vm1, not HA vm2
2. Export vm1, vm2 to export domain
3. Import vm1, vm2
4. Check vm1 is HA and vm2 is not HA
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.