Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1027258
Adapt to changes in the redirect URI used by Facebook
Last modified: 2014-09-13 15:00:01 EDT
Due to recent server-side changes made by Facebook, one can not add a Facebook account through the Online Accounts panel.
It fails with the error message: "Authorisation response was: "(null)". This is after logging in successfully, allowing GNOME to read my profile and allowing it to post. As I press "OK" on the last screen, the window closes down and the error message is displayed.
I built gnome-online-accounts-3.8.5-1.el7:
I can't reproduce this bug in gnome-online-accounts-184.108.40.206-2.el7.x86_64 or gnome-online-accounts-3.8.3-1.el7.x86_64
I even tried to remove Gnome application in Facebook settings to go through "allowing GNOME to read my profile and allowing it to post".
Anyway, adding Facebook works in: gnome-online-accounts-3.8.5-5.el7.x86_64
(In reply to Martin Holec from comment #5)
> I can't reproduce this bug in gnome-online-accounts-220.127.116.11-2.el7.x86_64 or
> I even tried to remove Gnome application in Facebook settings to go through
> "allowing GNOME to read my profile and allowing it to post".
Then, perhaps, Facebook changed their URI again.
As you can see, someone filed an upstream bug report  recently and I was able to reproduce it. So something did break at some point, and we fixed the code to be more correct. Therefore I will not worry if the bug has strangely disappeared.
What really matters is that things continue to work today *with* the patch applied. It is important to have the patch applied because it does attempt to make things more correct.
> Adding Facebook works in: gnome-online-accounts-3.8.5-5.el7.x86_64
Patched gnome-online-accounts works for me, no regressions so far.
This request was resolved in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0.
Contact your manager or support representative in case you have further questions about the request.