Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1029816
abrtd consumes high cpu when restarting from satellite
Last modified: 2017-04-20 15:49:02 EDT
Description of problem:
abrtd consumes high cpu when restarting abrt daemon from satellite remote command utility.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - 6.2
Red Hat Satellite release 5.6.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to Red Hat Satellite portal
2. Select a host or hosts from the "Systems" tab.
3. With the host(s) selected click the "Manage" button at the top right side of the page.
4. Click "remote commands" from the "Provisioning" section.
5. Enter your script i.e.:
/sbin/service abrtd restart
6. Click "Schedule Remote Command" button at the bottom right.
7. Click "Schedule commands" button at the bottom right.
8. Wait for the commands to execute on each host on schedule.
9. Now login to any client for satellite and check top.
abrtd consumes almost more CPU.
abrtd consumes 90-95% of CPU
abrtd does not consumes 90-95% of CPU