Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1029951
No Version history for Java source files, Form definitions
Last modified: 2016-07-31 21:08:35 EDT
Description of problem:
Most assets/editors have a Metadata panel and in it a Version history section.
Some assets don't have this, breaking consistency at the very least. The result is also, obviously, that you cannot restore previous versions of some assets.
1. Java source files - editor has the Metadata panel, but there is no Version history section.
2. Form definitions - the editor doesn't use the look & feel and components most of the other assets use. There is no Metadata panel and no way to browse history or restore previous version. You cannot add any message when saving the form.
3. Designer does have some kind of version history, but completely different to the rest of the GUI. It doesn't let you record a message when you save a process and you cannot browse previous saved versions. It does have so called Local history, that makes snapshots of the process, unfortunately again without any option of adding a package. These snapshots also don't really correspond with the saves made.
While items 1 and 2 are the most problematic, changes to Designer wrt item 3 would be very appreciated.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
BPMS 6.0 ER4
won't address that for 6.0.
1. Metada panel is in read-only mode, but some features are missing in this mode.
2. This requires a better integration with UF to embed the panel, this is something to be done in the next version.
3. Same as #2
Metadata tab added on form-modeler. (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1042853)
The only change made was for the Form Modeler.
The java editor visualization widget was modified just yesterday and I forgot to add the meta data widget. Will correct this with priority.
Fixed on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1053562
This no longer has a target release of 6.0.0.
I can see no change in this - Form Modeler offers Metadata with History widget, Java source viewer and Designer offer Metadata panel, but no History widget.
Added version history to Java Editor:
Commit (master): https://github.com/droolsjbpm/kie-wb-common/commit/2fb5b6b526193e3afebe900624ccfff6d1355f48
Commit (6.0.x): https://github.com/droolsjbpm/kie-wb-common/commit/1b0df8737b67509b7edb95e39ef2cafb751de8f5
Added version history to Designer
Commit (master): https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm-designer/commit/d4cc086944574a57a30e51e0ccc3f99880a777bb
Commit (6.0.x): https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm-designer/commit/3abab0f47a855db72af78cb41a7997820c824009
Verified with ER2, widgets added.