Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1030172
Document bare metal provisioning process in the architecture guide
Last modified: 2018-02-05 19:41:31 EST
The architecture guide should provide an overview of the provisioning process for a system:
- kickstart generation
- tftp configuration
- power commands to trigger DHCP (and hence network boot from tftp)
- installation progress reporting back to the lab controller
- ensuring network boot remains first in the boot order
- clearing the tftp config (allowing local boot)
- cleaning up at system return/recipe completion
"tftp configuration" means "bootloader configuration via tftp" rather than configuring the tftp server itself.
This is now included in the development version of Beaker's documentation:
Verify this bug. This doc makes sense.
We backported this to the 0.14.4, as it's relevant to the 0.14.4 EFI boot order fixes.