CGI programs which live in /home/httpd/cgi-bin and are run
via http://my.server.name/cgi-bin/xxxxxxx fail. Every
attempt produces a 500 Internal Server Error, "Premature end
of script headers". I have checked this with anlgform.cgi
(part of the analog package), cachemgr.cgi (part of the
squid package), htsearch (part of the htdig package) and a
few scripts of my own writing; everything fails. The
behavior is the same on both the secure and unsecure ports.
This is with the standard secureweb conf files; the only
changes I have made are to enable mod_php3 and mod_perl. I
am using secureweb-2.0-2libc6 on Red Hat 5.2.
to clarify: in http://my.server.name/cgi-bin/xxxxxxx, "xxxxxxx" is the
name of the CGI program. Sorry if this was unclear.
Hmmm... CGI stuff runs OK if I disable mod_perl. I can use one or the
other, but not both.
When mod_perl is enabled, I get errors such as this in
[Sat Feb 6 11:11:09 1999] [notice] Red Hat Secure/2.0 (Unix)
mod_perl/1.16 PHP/3.0.5 mod_ssl/2.0.15 SSLeay/0.9.0b configured --
resuming normal operations
[Sat Feb 6 11:11:09 1999] [notice] httpsd: child pid 22249 exit
signal Segmentation fault (11)
which don't show up if mod_perl is disabled.
Get the updated mod_perl and perl RPMs for Red Hat Linux 5.2 and/or
Secure Web Server 2.0, this will solve your problem.