Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1031637
[abrt] evolution-data-server-3.10.2-1.fc20: g_hash_table_resize: Process /usr/libexec/evolution-source-registry was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)
Last modified: 2014-03-31 05:15:21 EDT
Version-Release number of selected component:
runlevel: N 5
Thread no. 1 (10 frames)
#6 g_hash_table_resize at ghash.c:565
#7 g_hash_table_maybe_resize at ghash.c:594
#8 g_hash_table_remove_all at ghash.c:1348
#9 on_notify_g_name_owner at gdbusobjectmanagerclient.c:1254
#15 g_object_notify_by_spec_internal at gobject.c:1141
#16 g_object_notify at gobject.c:1183
#17 on_name_owner_changed at gdbusproxy.c:1361
#18 emit_signal_instance_in_idle_cb at gdbusconnection.c:3743
#23 dbus_server_run_server at e-dbus-server.c:222
#24 ffi_call_unix64 at ../src/x86/unix64.S:76
Created attachment 825578 [details]
Created attachment 825579 [details]
Created attachment 825580 [details]
Created attachment 825581 [details]
Created attachment 825582 [details]
Created attachment 825583 [details]
Created attachment 825584 [details]
Created attachment 825585 [details]
Created attachment 825586 [details]
Created attachment 825587 [details]
Thanks for a bug report. The report error was "double free or corruption (out)", thus there might be some (software) memory corruption during the running of the process, like a write to an already freed memory. It's usually quite hard to properly fix such issues with a reproducer.
By any chance, do you have any steps for a reproducer, or at least any idea what you were doing with evolution processes before the crash? It even can be related to other processes, like to any changes in Gnome Online Accounts settings.
It's hard to tell what caused the issue. First it seems that the certificate used by my mail provider changed, so Evolution asked me to enter my password again (even if it was saved in GOA, by the way evolution keep asking me my password even if I check to save it). I deleted some mail from my spam account while it checked for my mail and opened one mail full screen by double clicking on it. Just after that it crashed.
It all went very quickly.
Small correction, my account was not in GOA but in evolution, I made the switch right after.
(In reply to Milan Crha from comment #11)
> usually quite hard to properly fix such issues with a reproducer.
Ouch, here was meant to be 'without', not 'with'
(In reply to Maël Lavault from comment #12)
> ...by the way evolution keep asking me my password even if I check to save it
It sometimes happened that the evolution-source-registry didn't connect to gnome-keyring daemon properly, thus the password save failed silently. Re-login, or simply close of all evolution processes (ps ax | grep evolution), the calendar factory as the last, may help a bit here.
I moved this upstream as , maybe someone there will have better idea that I have. Please see  for any further updates. If possible, please CC yourself there, in case upstream developers will have additional questions.
*** Bug 1082235 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***