Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1032225
[abrt] bind-utils-9.9.4-8.fc20: getaddresses: Process /usr/bin/dig was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Last modified: 2013-12-16 04:11:03 EST
Description of problem:
dig MX example.com @22.214.171.124
Version-Release number of selected component:
cmdline: dig MX @126.96.36.199 miceliux.com
runlevel: N 5
Thread no. 1 (1 frames)
#1 getaddresses at dighost.c:3685
Created attachment 826227 [details]
Created attachment 826228 [details]
Created attachment 826229 [details]
Created attachment 826230 [details]
Created attachment 826231 [details]
Created attachment 826232 [details]
Created attachment 826233 [details]
Created attachment 826234 [details]
Created attachment 826235 [details]
Created attachment 826236 [details]
Created attachment 826237 [details]
Would it be possible to provide me a coredump?
Created attachment 826517 [details]
Full abrt dump
Are you able to reproduce this issue? Unfortunately I'm not and looking
into the coredump and backtraces it really doesn't make any sense.
> Description of problem:
> Truncated backtrace:
> Thread no. 1 (1 frames)
> #1 getaddresses at dighost.c:3685
point to a completely different part of the source compared to what I
get from the coredump...
#0 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
#1 0x000000000040fd98 in send_udp (query=0x7f50d3e5b018) at dighost.c:2694
#2 0x00000000004118a3 in start_lookup () at dighost.c:1727
#3 0x0000000000413216 in onrun_callback (task=<optimized out>, event=0x0) at dighost.c:3751
#4 0x0000003325231826 in dispatch (manager=0x7f50d3e4b010) at task.c:1105
#5 run (uap=0x7f50d3e4b010) at task.c:1286
#6 0x0000003325e07f33 in start_thread (arg=0x7f50d3e45700) at pthread_create.c:309
#7 0x00000033256f4ead in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111
If you're able to reproduce it I would like to prepare a debug package for you
so I can get more information.(In reply to Juan Orti Alcaine from comment #0)
This problem is very weird, it's 100% reproducible in my main desktop PC, but I have other five F20 VMs where dig is working fine.
This computer was upgraded with fedup a month ago, and I have not got any problems with dig before.
I have reinstalled it with:
# yum remove bind-utils
# yum clean all
# yum install bind-utils
But the problem persists.
I can do all the testing you want, so if you build that debug version I'll try it.
(In reply to Juan Orti Alcaine from comment #15)
> I can do all the testing you want, so if you build that debug version I'll
> try it.
For the start, could you please:
1. attach output of 'rpm -qa'
2. run dig with option '-d' and also '-q -m' and attach both outputs
Thanks in advance.
Created attachment 830550 [details]
Created attachment 830551 [details]
dig -d -q -m MX gmail.com
Created attachment 830552 [details]
dig -d MX gmail.com
I think I have fixed it. Some package I had installed must be broken. I did:
yum clean all
yum reinstall bind-libs bind-utils openssl openssl-libs krb5-libs libcap libxml2 glibc
These are the versions I have got now:
(In reply to Juan Orti Alcaine from comment #20)
> I think I have fixed it. Some package I had installed must be broken. I did:
> yum clean all
> yum distro-sync
> yum reinstall bind-libs bind-utils openssl openssl-libs krb5-libs libcap
> libxml2 glibc
> These are the versions I have got now:
Great news. Strange thing is that version of your installed packages didn't
Since you are not experiencing this issue any more, I'm closing this BZ as
NOTABUG. If you run into the same problem in the future and reinstalling
packages doesn't work for you, feel free to reopen this Bug.