Description of problem:
If all of server-groups in domain.xml removed, accessing http://localhost:9990/console. It shows a dialog which has the message of "Access Denied / Insufficient privileges to access this interface."
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. add admin user by add-user.sh
2. start EAP6 in domain mode
3. remove all of server-groups
[hokuda@localhost eap620]$ /opt/eap620/bin/jboss-cli.sh -c
[domain@localhost:9999 /] /server-group=main-server-group:remove()
[domain@localhost:9999 /] /server-group=other-server-group:remove()
4. access http://localhost:9990/console
5. a dialog of "Insufficient privileges to access this interface." appears
Harald Pehl <firstname.lastname@example.org> updated the status of jira HAL-336 to Resolved
Information message is now given when accessing admin console. However
1) I don't really think that this is a valid solution of this issue. It feel more as a workaround. This is probably OK for the purpose of 6.3 as a proper solution might require higher effort - however an agreement with this workaround from PM is needed.
2) See BZ 1070181
3) Trying navigate to Domain from Administration will result in URL token being changed to #hosts (this should not happen)
I agree that we can discuss other solution for this. Regarding the implementation in the console this will need some time though.
For the time being I think we should keep this solution.
I don't see a realistic chance of having anything else than this workaround for 6.3. Therefore I suggest to postpone to 6.4
Moving to 6.4 as the issue is still valid for 6.3