Description of problem:
We have a system integrated with AD and applying local sudoers rule on group basis, "%domain users" ALL=(ALL) ALL
Requirements is to change the passprompt of the sudo, like [sudo] password for user: message TO [test] password for IDM\user:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Integrate linux machine with AD, and allow any group containing escape character, in my case "domain users"
2. Add line to sudoers file "%domain users" ALL=(ALL) ALL to run all commands etc.
3. Add the line to change the passprompt of sudo
Defaults:"%domain users" passprompt="[test] password for IDM\%u:"
4. Run command using member of that group using sudo
Not working, Showing default prompt
[test] password for IDM\savitoj:
1. If I make changes in sudoers file using escape character, it works like charm in sudo-1.8.6p3-12.el6.x86_64 version.
Defaults: %domain\ users passprompt="[abc] password for IDM\%u:"
2. If I downgrade the package of sudo to sudo-1.7.4p5-13.el6_3.x86_64
and in sudoers, Defaults:"%domain users" passprompt="[test] password for IDM\%u:"
Works like charm
Seems that there is a regression in package of Sudo-1.8.6p3-12.el6.x86_64
Any update on this bug ?
Created attachment 897901 [details]
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.