Description of problem:
Login manager SDDM greets, user name and password entry is rejected.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora 21 rawhide
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start virtual machine
2. Finish booting, SDDM greeting screen appears
3. Username and password entered
4. "Login failed" message appears under the password field in red font. This happens both for regular user and root.
5. Switch to virtual terminal, e.g. tty2. Login using the same username and password without problem.
Failed login to kde through sddm.
Successful login to kde through sddm.
1. startx command from tty2 launches kde without problem.
2. Disabling sddm and enabling lightdm through systemd is a workaround that works.
On IRC (#fedora-kde), we traced this to SELinux.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1052317 ***