Inventory tree label is:
/storage nodes/RHQ Storage Node/"Cassandra Server JVM "
Should not refer to storage node JVM with an implementation detail. Simple 'JVM' seems sufficient in the context of a tree. In other views that may not be sufficient.
I can see 2 ways of fixing this.
1. rename resource type. This would cause the original "Cassandra Server JVM" resources to disappear (all metrics history is probably gone) and new "JVM" would be discovered.
- drawback - metric history is lost
2. keep resource type name and update discovery/upgrade code - this approach keeps all metrics and can rename existing resources and give proper name ("JVM") to new resources.
- drawback - resource type is still called "Cassandra JVM Server"
3. may be to add support for resource type name change to plugin descriptor (ie. via new attribute oldName), then we can pair old and new resource type and we don't remove the old type and insert new one.
1 and 2 is very easy to implement.
Author: Libor Zoubek <email@example.com>
Date: Mon Jul 14 14:39:16 2014 +0200
Bug 1053483 - RHQ Admin UI references 'Cassandra' rather than storage node
Cassandra Server JVM resources renamed to JVM
Based on https://github.com/rhq-project/rhq/pull/84 option #2 was chosen, while option #3 can be easily implemented in future (depends on Bug 1119802).
Moving to ON_QA as available to test with brew build of DR01: https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com//buildinfo?buildID=373993