Currently we have the following downstream patch:
-INSERT INTO network (id,name,description,storage_pool_id) SELECT v_id_0009, 'ovirtmgmt', 'Management Network', v_storage_pool_id;
+INSERT INTO network (id,name,description,storage_pool_id) SELECT v_id_0009, 'rhevm', 'Management Network', v_storage_pool_id;
It is the last remaining customization we are doing at downstream, I would like to eliminate this as well.
The simplest solution is to have place holder in this table, such as '@MGMT_BRIDGE@' and in dao or stored procedures replace value of 'name' fetched with '@MGMT_BRIDGE@' with value of ConfigValues.ManagementNetwork.
Last one! Last effort.
(In reply to Alon Bar-Lev from comment #0)
Its is not just the DAO , there are SPs & Views referring to the network name and making this change impractical
Why not :
1) Have a default for MGMT_BRIDGE in config.sql
2) Ask for @MGMT_BRIDGE@ value in setup before creating the database
3) concatenate a call to fn_db_update_config_value with the value accepted to the end of config.sql , this will override the former setting no matter what it is
4) insert_data.sql will be modified to get the network name from MGMT_BRIDGE in vdc_options
5) upon installation the right value is updated in config.sql and network table will be initialized with the selected name
Sad to read... :(
Easier for me is just to update the database post installation.
Can you please provide an update statement I can use that will work both on clean database and upgrade?
Better... can you please provide stp I can call to set management bridge name, this stp will do whatever required (vdc_option, this table, etc...)
referenced patches have been merged, shouldn't this be in modified?
(In reply to Sandro Bonazzola from comment #4)
> referenced patches have been merged, shouldn't this be in modified?
Eli, can you please advise on how to test this?
using the next 3.4 snapshot after installation/upgrade you should see that rhevm bridge name is used for management bridge. if you see the ovirtmgmt then something is wrong.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager Version: 3.4.0-0.2.master.el6ev
host is installed with rhevm as management bridge
Closing as part of 3.4.0