Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. ip netns add netns_one
2. ip netns add netns_two
3. ip link add name if_one type veth peer name if_one_peer
4. ip link add name if_two type veth peer name if_two_peer
5. ip link set dev if_one_peer netns netns_one
6. ip link set dev if_two_peer netns netns_two
7. ip netns exec netns_one bash
# in other terminal:
8. ip netns delete netns_two
> # => Cannot remove /var/run/netns/netns_two: Device or resource busy
Correct removal of the netns_two
Original description here:
Upstream iproute patch:
Rising priority to high, since it's blocking 2 bugs with high priority.
Patch available and seems to work.
I confirm that it also happens if you omit steps 3,4,5,6.
Please, this is an important bugfix we need for Thu 2014-04-03 , when we dev freeze RHOS 4.0 A4. Without this fix high availability will have severe problems.
Tested on iproute-2.6.32-130.el6ost.netns.3.x86_64
using steps 1,2,7,8
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.