Description of problem:
Net::SMTPS and Net::POP3S require Authen::SASL >= 2.15. RHEL 6 only has
Authen::SASL 2.13. Can you please push perl-Authen-SASL-2.16-1 to el6?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Relevant sections from Changelog
Authen-SASL 2.16 -- Tue Sep 4 11:01:18 CDT 2012
* SASL.pod: fix typo [Peter Marschall]
* Perl.pm: avoid warning on "uninitialized value" [Peter Marschall]
Authen-SASL 2.15 -- Wed Jun 2 13:47:41 CDT 2010
* Makes sure that user callbacks are called [Yann Kerherve]
Authen-SASL 2.1401 -- Mon Mar 29 14:22:54 CDT 2010
* Add META.yml to release
Authen-SASL 2.14 -- Thu Mar 11 08:21:07 CST 2010
* Documentation updates [Yann Kerherve]
* Added server API description [Yann Kerherve]
* Bugfixes to LOGIN, PLAIN and DIGEST_MD5 [Yann Kerherve]
* Added server support for LOGIN, PLAINaand DIGEST_MD5 [Yann Kerherve]
* Compatiblity with Authen::SASL::XS [Yann Kerherve]
This change in 2.15 is built on various changes in 2.14. It's not possible to pick the changes only as they're tangled with code refactoring.
I recommend to contact Red Hat support to evaluate your request properly.
This Bugzilla has been reviewed by Red Hat and is not planned on being addressed in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and therefore will be closed. If this bug is critical to production systems, please contact your Red Hat support representative and provide sufficient business justification.