Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1071455
[i18n] Wrong characters in Japanese translatated message
Last modified: 2014-03-26 09:38:15 EDT
Created attachment 869191 [details]
patch file to fix this bug.
Description of problem:
msgid "Making cache files for all metadata files."
is translated to wrong japanese message.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
The wrong message:
Adding patch for ja.po file will fix this bug.
I am not sure how dnf project accepts translations but if they do say using transifex or zanata then good to contact existing Japanese translator to get this message corrected.
Hello, we have not officialy started supporting translations yet but are close. Please bear with us.
It translated by anyone at 3 years ago.
I update this string on upstream.
Please confirm following.
I confirmed that the message is fixed correctly on transifex.
I just saw http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/03/03/dnf-is-on-transifex. Thanks Ales!
(In reply to Parag from comment #5)
> I just saw http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/03/03/dnf-is-on-transifex. Thanks
That's jsilhan who is credited for that.
dnf-0.4.17-1.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
dnf-0.4.17-1.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
I tried dnf-0.4.17-1.fc20 today but the problem still persist.
DNF seems to read translation data from yum.mo file, so I think we have to update yum package to refrect this fix.
hang on, this is closed now, we ship .mo files in 0.4.19.