From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030927
Description of problem:
When you install XFree-4.3.0-36 of XFree-4.3.0-40 and you use the official
NVidia Geforce drivers from www.nvidia.com experience heavy OpenGL issues like
missing sufaces, a massive slowdown, heavy shadow issues...
I had to downgrade to XFree86-4.3.0-2 to solve this problem.
-Kernel 2.4.22 (happens on 2.4.20 and 2.4.21 too)
-NVidia GeForce 2 (Elsa Erazor X II)/ NVidia GeForce 1 (old Elsa Erazor X)
-MSI K7N2 Delta-T nforce2 Mainboard
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upgrade to XFree86-4.3.0-36 or XFree-4.3.0-40
2. Install the NVidia drivers from nvidia.com and make the changes in XF86Config
3. Start an OpenGL-Game like Enemy-Territory, Tux Racer, ePSXe...
Actual Results: Heavy OpenGL issues like missing sufaces, a massive slowdown,
heavy shadow issues...
Expected Results: Normal, fast, OpenGL display.
Is it a patch bug?
I mean Redhat hass applied several patches to the XFree86 package...
Nvidia's proprietary drivers include:
- Nvidia's proprietary 2D XFree86 video driver
- Nvidia's proprietary libGL OpenGL implementation
- Nvidia's proprietary 3D driver
- Nvidia's proprietary kernel module and agpgart implementation
Red Hat does not ship nor support Nvidia's proprietary drivers. Please
contact the vendor who supplied these drivers to you for technical support.
This is not a Red Hat induced problem.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 73733 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.