Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 107496
rfe: consider upgrading e1000 to 5.2.20-k1
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:58:33 EDT
Description of problem:
Please consider upgrading current e1000 v2.1.13-k1 to the latest from Intel.
/* Change Log
* 5.2.20 9/30/03
* o Bug fix: SERDES devices might be connected to a back-plane
* switch that doesn't support auto-neg, so add the capability
* to force 1000/Full.
* o Bug fix: Flow control settings for hi/lo watermark didn't
* consider changes in the Rx FIFO size, which could occur with
* Jumbo Frames or with the reduced FIFO in 82547.
* o Better propagation of error codes. [Janice Girouard
* o Bug fix: hang under heavy Tx stress when running out of Tx
* descriptors; wasn't clearing context descriptor when backing
* out of send because of no-resource condition.
* 5.2.16 8/8/03
* o Added support for new controllers: 82545GM, 82546GB, 82541/7_B1
* o Bug fix: reset h/w before first EEPROM read because we don't know
* who may have been messing with the device before we got there.
* [Dave Johnson (ddj -a-t- cascv.brown.edu)]
* o Bug fix: read the correct work from EEPROM to detect programmed
* WoL settings.
* o Bug fix: TSO would hang if space left in FIFO was being miscalculated
* when mss dropped without a correspoding drop in the DMA buffer size.
* o ASF for Fiber nics isn't supported.
* o Bug fix: Workaround added for potential hang with 82544 running in
* PCI-X if send buffer terminates within an evenly-aligned dword.
* o Feature: Add support for ethtool flow control setting.
* o Feature: Add support for ethtool TSO setting.
* o Feature: Increase default Tx Descriptor count to 1024 for >= 82544.
* 5.1.13 5/28/03
Created attachment 96017 [details]
e1000 5.2.20 inserted into the kernel tree
Diff from 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl to upgrade e1000 to 5.2.20
Created attachment 96018 [details]
diff with spec file changes
Diff from 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl kernel-2.4.spec
Guess this one is unnecessary as 2.6 comes with 5.2.20-k1 already.
Resolving as RAWHIDE.