Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 107536
VNC Client Bug - keyboard/mouse partial freeze
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:32 EST
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. launch vncviewer from rh menu or console
2. connect to my vncserver on my LAN(on rh9 up2date)
3. let it run from 20min to 1 hour
1. Keyboard is not responding (some keys are still working like Enter and some
2. Mouse click adopt a special behaviour (double click on a sidebar resize the
windows indstead off rolling up)
3. if i kill vncviewer and restart it all is ok
if another vncviewer is running on the same session i must kill all vncviewer
instances and restart it
stable vnc experience (like before)
Please clarify: when did vnc last work correctly for you? Test 2, or earlier?
See my reported bug 107455. If you want to accelerate the freeze, launch gnome-
terminal, konsole, or kword, mouse into the window, and start typing. Voila:
fast freeze. On the other hand, xterm, uxterm, and abiword do not freeze.
Well, I think I've seen the same thing here anyway. My recipe:
Alt-F7 (to move window)
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 107455 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.