Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 107872
Password problem on the GUI administration tool
Last modified: 2013-07-02 18:58:57 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031016
Description of problem:
Running any of the system administration from GUI for a non-privileged asks
normally for the root password. If you use spaces within the password the GUI
won't accept that and exits.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot the system with initdefault=5
2. Enter the root account and change the password to one that includes spaces.
3. Logout of the root account.
4. Enter non-root account (GUI).
5. Choose redhat-config-bind from the menu.
6. Try to enter the password that you just changed.
Actual Results: The dialog box that requests for the password pops up 3 times
(including the first time it appeared). The whole process stops and the
application is not loaded.
I changed the password to one that doesn't hold any spaces. This process didn't
This works for me with usermode-1.79-1.