This is a tracking bug for Change: Format Security
For more details, see: http://fedoraproject.org//wiki/Changes/FormatSecurity
Enable "-Werror=format-security" compilation flag for all packages in Fedora. Once this flag is enabled, GCC will refuse to compile code that could be vulnerable to a string format security flaw.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 21 Accepted Changes Freeze Deadline is on 2014-07-08 .
At this point, all accepted Changes should be substantially complete, and testable. Additionally, if a change is to be enabled by default, it must be so enabled at Change Freeze.
This bug should be set to the MODIFIED state to indicate that it achieved completeness. Status will be provided to FESCo right after the deadline. If, for any reasons, your Change is not in required state, let me know and we will try to find solution. For Changes you decide to cancel/move to the next release, please use the NEW status and set needinfo on me and it will be acted upon.
In case of any questions, don't hesitate to ask Wrangler (jreznik). Thank you.
Despite not really being a *interactive* change, I think that this still represents a substantial and marketable improvement to Fedora's offerings. I wrote a little about it for the Release Notes at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Security_Beat , would you please look it over?
This message is a reminder that Fedora 21 Change Checkpoint: 100% Code Complete Deadline (Former Accepted Changes 100% Complete) is on 2014-10-14 .
All Accepted Changes has to be code complete and ready to be validated in the Beta release (optionally by Fedora QA). Required bug state at this point is ON_QA.
As for several System Wide Changes, Beta Change Deadline is a point of contingency plan. All incompleted Changes will be reported to FESCo on 2014-10-15 meeting. In case of any questions, don't hesitate to ask Wrangler (jreznik).
Dhiru, any news on this change? The deadline is tomorrow. See message above. Also documentation guys are looking for more RN review.
Around 70 FTBFS bugs are still pending. Otherwise, things are looking good.
Moving to ON_QA based on comment #5.
I think this is all done, so I'm clearing the needinfo flag to keep our bz queues more clean. If you disagree, take action :)