Description of problem:
The clock applet, after a resync with an ntp server done through the
preferences, will not show the new time until after a logout/re-login
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Update the clock using Network Time Protocol from the preferences
2. Time will not be update right away, so log out immediately
3. Log back in, clock is updated
I have the same problem, but I'm not using ntp.
1. alter the time using redhat-config-date
2. no change to gnome clock applet
3. log out, log back in -- clock is updated
Setting component to gnome-panel.
I couldn't reproduce this issue when you just change the *time*, but
could when you change the timezone. However, the timezone issue is
fixed in rawhide with glibc-2.3.3-60 or later.
Please re-open if you can reproduce this issue with latest rawhide or
FC3 when it comes out. Thanks