From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.1)
Description of problem:
While trying to install some rpms from freshrpms.net (xine and its
dependencies) rpm locked up after showing that the first rpm has been
installed. After manually removing /var/lib/rpm/__* and rerunning rpm
-Uvh * everything worked fine.
At first I tried to install only a subset of all needed rpms for xine.
Sometimes I got the list of the missing dependencies and sometimes rpm
just gave a segmentation fault error.
These kind of problems occured to me on Red Hat 8.0 but never on Red
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. try to install xine and its dependencies
I see no reproducible problem here. I can't fix what I can't
I've had this problem periodically on my laptop as well. A fresh
install and up2date will occasionally hang.
I was able to work around it by installing some packages slowly and
making sure i had all of the dependencies beforehand. This didn't
happen on an older dell laptop, just on the newer t30...
Not reopening because this still isn't much of a bug report :)