Bug 1095967 - Packaging Issues
Summary: Packaging Issues
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: spectrwm
Version: rawhide
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Lokesh Mandvekar
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On: 946856
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2014-05-09 00:51 UTC by Christopher Meng
Modified: 2014-08-09 07:36 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Fixed In Version: spectrwm-2.5.1-2.fc20
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-08-09 07:31:25 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Christopher Meng 2014-05-09 00:51:04 UTC
Hi,

Thanks for packaging softwares from Conformal, I've found something you might need to fix:

1. %package devel
Requires:       %{name} = %{version}-%{release}
Summary:        Spectrwm development files

Requires:       %{name} = %{version}-%{release}

-->

Requires:       %{name}%{?_isa} = %{version}-%{release}

2. I can't see %optflags and %__global_ldflags inserted, from Koji I checked.

3. install -m

-->

install -pm

4. %{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_es.1.gz
%{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_it.1.gz
%{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_pt.1.gz
%{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_ru.1.gz

These are completely wrong, please:

mkdir -p %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/{es,it,pt,ru}/man1/
mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_es.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/es/man1/
mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_it.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/it/man1/
mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_pt.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/pt/man1/
mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_ru.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/ru/man1/

In the latest 2.5.1, other than the english version manpage, others are commented in the makefile, so please install them manually with install -pm644.

THen you can try %find_lang --with-man. If failed, set %lang($(LOCALE)) manually in the %files.

5. install -m 755 linux/%{name}.desktop %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/xsessions

755 is superfluous. 644 is the standard.

6. screenshot.sh, initscreen.sh and baraction.sh should be installed to %{_datadir}/spectrwm

7. I find "terminus-medium" in spectrwm.conf, this means terminus-fonts is needed maybe, please check.

Comment 1 Lokesh Mandvekar 2014-05-09 01:10:13 UTC
Hi,

I can't get to this until another week, would you like to be a comaintainer? :)

Comment 2 Christopher Meng 2014-05-09 01:12:06 UTC
(In reply to Lokesh Mandvekar from comment #1)
> Hi,
> 
> I can't get to this until another week, would you like to be a comaintainer?
> :)

No. I will wait for you. Now I'm tedious with clens library from conformal. See bug 970956.

Comment 3 Lokesh Mandvekar 2014-06-23 03:28:57 UTC
(In reply to Christopher Meng from comment #0)
> 2. I can't see %optflags and %__global_ldflags inserted, from Koji I checked.

Umm, so what exactly needs to be added here? And is this mandatory?
 
> 4. %{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_es.1.gz
> %{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_it.1.gz
> %{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_pt.1.gz
> %{_mandir}/man1/%{name}_ru.1.gz
> 
> These are completely wrong, please:
> 
> mkdir -p %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/{es,it,pt,ru}/man1/
> mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_es.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/es/man1/
> mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_it.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/it/man1/
> mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_pt.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/pt/man1/
> mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_ru.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/ru/man1/
> 
> In the latest 2.5.1, other than the english version manpage, others are
> commented in the makefile, so please install them manually with install
> -pm644.
> 
> THen you can try %find_lang --with-man. If failed, set %lang($(LOCALE))
> manually in the %files.

Adding %find_lang gives me:
No translations found for spectrwm in /home/lsm5/repositories/pkgs/fedora/spectrwm/BUILDROOT/spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc20.x86_64
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.O8DstF (%install)

Could you please show me an existing package which does this, including setting %lang($(LOCALE)) in case of failure?

> 
> 
> 7. I find "terminus-medium" in spectrwm.conf, this means terminus-fonts is
> needed maybe, please check.

the entire spectrwm.conf file is commented, so I'd rather not add terminus-fonts. I, for one, don't use terminus-fonts.

Thanks!

Comment 4 Christopher Meng 2014-06-23 03:43:23 UTC
(In reply to Lokesh Mandvekar from comment #3)
> (In reply to Christopher Meng from comment #0)
> > 2. I can't see %optflags and %__global_ldflags inserted, from Koji I checked.
> 
> Umm, so what exactly needs to be added here? And is this mandatory?

Yes. You can check %configure/%cmake, and this link:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-October/190520.html

> Adding %find_lang gives me:
> No translations found for spectrwm in
> /home/lsm5/repositories/pkgs/fedora/spectrwm/BUILDROOT/spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc20.
> x86_64
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.O8DstF (%install)
> 
> Could you please show me an existing package which does this, including
> setting %lang($(LOCALE)) in case of failure?

Fallback:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/man-db.git/tree/man-db.spec

Comment 5 Michael Schwendt 2014-06-24 10:28:07 UTC
for l in es it pt ru ; do
    mkdir -p %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/${l}/man1
    mv %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/man1/spectrwm_${l}.1 %{buildroot}%{_mandir}/${l}/man1/spectrwm.1
done

%find_lang %{name} --with-man

%files -f %{name}.lang
…

[...]

> %files devel
> %{_libdir}/libswmhack.so

What's the purpose of this package? A library with no headers? No API?

To me it looks like a mispackaged .so file that has been put into a -devel package only because old guidelines had been less clear about it.

Look at this:

> spectrwm.c:#define SWM_LIB			"/usr/local/lib/libswmhack.so"

The code in there LD_PRELOADs the .so, so it's a runtime lib and MUST be included in the base package.

Comment 6 Lokesh Mandvekar 2014-06-28 05:15:41 UTC
Any reason for this to depend on Bug 946856 ? There's already Bug 1095890 for 2.5.1 which will have these changes.

Comment 7 Michael Schwendt 2014-06-28 09:07:25 UTC
> Any reason for this to depend on Bug 946856 ?

Yes, and no need to do anything special aboutit. That's just the already closed review ticket. The reviewers should become aware of the issues, since e.g. misplacing the .so files had been suggested during review.

Comment 8 Fedora Update System 2014-07-13 07:50:14 UTC
spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc20

Comment 9 Fedora Update System 2014-07-13 07:56:22 UTC
spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc19

Comment 10 Christopher Meng 2014-07-14 00:34:19 UTC
It would be disgusting to build again, please fix below in the SCM and wait for the next build.

%{_datadir}/%{name}/baraction.sh
%{_datadir}/%{name}/initscreen.sh
%{_datadir}/%{name}/screenshot.sh

You forgot to own the directory(%{_datadir}/%{name}/) itself.

Thanks for the fix!

Comment 11 Fedora Update System 2014-07-14 00:52:44 UTC
Package spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc20:
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 20 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc20'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2014-8325/spectrwm-2.5.1-1.fc20
then log in and leave karma (feedback).

Comment 12 Lokesh Mandvekar 2014-07-14 20:47:52 UTC
(In reply to Christopher Meng from comment #10)
> It would be disgusting to build again, please fix below in the SCM and wait
> for the next build.
> 
umm, not sure if disgusting, but certainly annoying :)
but no worries, whatever it takes to get it fixed


> %{_datadir}/%{name}/baraction.sh
> %{_datadir}/%{name}/initscreen.sh
> %{_datadir}/%{name}/screenshot.sh
> 
> You forgot to own the directory(%{_datadir}/%{name}/) itself.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll add that in :)

> 
> Thanks for the fix!

Comment 13 Fedora Update System 2014-07-22 02:51:54 UTC
spectrwm-2.5.1-2.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/spectrwm-2.5.1-2.fc20

Comment 14 Fedora Update System 2014-07-29 08:08:27 UTC
spectrwm-2.5.1-2.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/spectrwm-2.5.1-2.fc19

Comment 15 Fedora Update System 2014-08-09 07:31:25 UTC
spectrwm-2.5.1-2.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Comment 16 Fedora Update System 2014-08-09 07:36:08 UTC
spectrwm-2.5.1-2.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.