Description of problem:
This is a RHEL-6 clone of the bug 1050218.
repoquery tracebacks when fails to open rpmdb.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. mkdir -p /tmp/var/lib/rpm
2. touch /tmp/var/lib/rpm/__db.001
3. echo -e '[main]\ninstallroot=/tmp' > /tmp/yum.conf
4. repoquery -c /tmp/yum.conf --installed -a
Hi Karel, could you please clarify in which sense is this bug a clone of bug 1050218? The traceback I'm getting here ("yum.Errors.YumBaseError: Error: rpmdb open failed") is different than the one in that bug ("NameError: global name 'YumBaseError' is not defined").
I will attach the patch that handles this traceback for me, please let me know if it fixes the reported problem.
Created attachment 895398 [details]
patch to test
*** Bug 1097570 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
You are right, I discovered the traceback when preparing a reproducer for bug 1050218 and I didn't encounter that these two tracebacks are different. And yes, the patch fixed in for me.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.