Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1098404
Project search resizes in the middle of clicking a result, preventing the click
Last modified: 2016-04-18 05:37:44 EDT
Description of problem:
When there are several results shown below the project search field, the beginning of a click triggers the search field to shrink, which changes the layout of the results and can prevent the click from working.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
easy, as long as there is a project with a long name on the server
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Focus the project search and type some letters, until multiple results are shown (at least one result must have a name that is wider than the non-expanded search field).
2. Position the mouse over a result towards the bottom of the result list
3. Click mouse button down for a moment
4. Release mouse button
3. Search field and result list shrink in width, changing the result layout.
4. Mouse is not released over the targeted result, so no navigation happens.
3. Search field and results remain the same size no matter how long the mouse button is held down.
4. Mouse is released on the same element that was clicked, the browser navigates to the project that was clicked.
A similar issue was solved for the editor search suggestions by toggling a flag on and off when there is a 'mousedown' on a result and a 'mouseup' anywhere (respectively), and having the search field blur event start polling every 50ms until the flag is off, before performing the blur behaviour.
This is fixed in assets:
Dean, can you please confirm on one of the test servers?
VERIFIED with Zanata 3.4.2-SNAPSHOT (git-server-3.4.1-1-g722ff43)