oVirt engine would like to know whether the Live Merge feature is supported by a particular host so that it can decide whether to offer the option to users in the GUI. Add a capability flag to the getVdsCaps API which, when present, will communicate the presence of the feature.
implementation in progress
Adam, can this be moved to ON_QA, or are we waiting for a corresponding engine patch?
Still waiting on the patch from Greg to be merged on the engine side.
Since we're tracking the engine patch on bug 1124099, lets move forward with this to allow early engagement in the QA.
Adam - can you please add some info for the QA on how to test this using vdsClinet's getCaps?
Steps to verify this in vdsm:
1. On stock Fedora 20 system, install the vdsm you would like to test
2. On the host execute: vdsClient 0 getVdsCaps | grep liveMerge
3. Today on stock Fedora 20 you will see:
liveMerge = 'false'
4. Download the following files into an empty directory on your vdsm host
5. Extract qemu+libvirt-gluster-block-jobs-v6.tar
6. Extract libvirt-python-fixed.tar (This file will overwrite a few rpms from the first tarball)
7. Install all extracted RPMs: yum upgrade *.rpm
8. Restart libvirt: service libvirtd restart
9. Restart vdsm: service vdsmd restart
10. vdsClient 0 getVdsCaps | grep liveMerge
11. Verify that you see:
liveMerge = 'true'
oVirt 3.5 has been released and should include the fix for this issue.