I updated the foreman to 1.5 and I am making some tests with configs group.
Add a config group to a host or hostgroup is working, but
1/ I am unable to list hosts where puppet classes are inherited from config group.
2/ I am unable to list hosts where puppet classes are inherited from a config group included in the host group.
Let's say, I have a host named "myserv" with:
- a class (rule100) added for this host
- a class (rule1) inherited from hostgroup
- a class (rule80) inherited from a config group which was added only for this host.
- a class (rule21) inherited from a config group which was added in the host group.
If I go to foreman web interface -> hosts -> all hosts. Then if I want to filter by class typing :
- "class=rule100" on the filter field, I can find my host. The same with a class (rule1) inherited from group.
- class=rule21, I can't find my host (class inherited from a config group which was added in the host group). The same with class=rule80 (class inherited from a config group which was added only for this host).
I am using admin account to be sure I have full rights. Using debug mode, I can see that there is no SQL request looking on config_group_classes and config_group tables while I am doing my research.
Created from redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/5848
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/5848 has been closed
please provide verification steps
1. Create a config group and assign a puppet class to it
2. Create a host group, and add the config group to it
3. Create 3 hosts:
1. one with the config group from step 1
2. one with the host group from step 2
3. one with neither
4. Search for a puppet class in the Hosts page 'class = <class>' where <class> is the puppetclass you added
5. You should see only hosts 1 and 2
here, as discussed since dev-testing is failing will keep a track of
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1135919 post which
will verify the BZ as per the verification steps given
Merged f06b276b93f9ff47ca66174c606fee6fc2c64321 in upstream develop branch for
It should work when patch is cherry-picked downstream
# rpm -qa | grep foreman
host inherited from class config groups is visible
This bug is slated to be released with Satellite 6.1.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.