Bug 11203 - big problems with upgrade to XFree86-4.0-0.6.
Summary: big problems with upgrade to XFree86-4.0-0.6.
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Raw Hide
Classification: Retired
Component: XFree86   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 1.0
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
QA Contact:
Depends On:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
Reported: 2000-05-03 17:16 UTC by Neal D. Becker
Modified: 2008-05-01 15:37 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2000-05-30 17:59:40 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Neal D. Becker 2000-05-03 17:16:02 UTC
I encountered big problems trying to upgrade from RH6.2 to XFree86-4.0-0.6.i386.rpm.

There are a number of config directories that are moved from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 to /etc/X11.
The install fails on them. I believe the correct procedure is either rename the old
directory, or mv it to /etc/X11 and put in a symlink.

Each time I tried to update, it ran for a very long time, running a command like

tar cBf - | tar xf -

It seems to have gone insane!! It was tarring my whole hard disk, as far as I can tell.
I killed it after a while (and many warnings about ignoring sockets in places like my
home directory!)

I tried again to do the update with the same results. I did not get the SRPM and
investigate which script was going nuts.

Comment 1 Bernhard Rosenkraenzer 2000-05-30 17:59:59 UTC
The %triggerpostun script was messing up - this should be fixed in more current
versions (starting from 0.8, I think - current is 0.16).

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.