Description of problem:
Live-migration with shared nfs storage fails with error "UnboundLocalError: local variable 'instance_dir' referenced before assignment".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
(RH6-RHOS5 repo, 2014-07-14.2 puddle)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Deploy openstack with packstack in 3 node setup (controller + 2 compute nodes). Use another RHEL 6.5 system as an external storage
2. Create nova user and nova group on the external storage and set UID and GID to be the same as the one on the compute nodes.
3. Export shared directory and restart NFS service on external storage
4. Mount the NFS shared directory on both compute nodes.
mount $EXTERNAL_STORAGE:/export/instances /export/instances;
5. Set required options in nova.conf on both compute nodes:
instances_path = /export/instances
novncproxy_base_url = "http://$CONTROLLER_IP:6080/vnc_auto.html"
vncserver_listen = '0.0.0.0'
live_migration_flag = VIR_MIGRATE_UNDEFINE_SOURCE, VIR_MIGRATE_PEER2PEER, VIR_MIGRATE_LIVE'
6. Set required options in libvirtd.conf on both compute nodes
listen_tls = 0
listen_tcp = 1
auth_tcp = "none"
7. Set required options in qemu.conf on both compute nodes
user = "root"
group = "root"
vnc_listen = "0.0.0.0"
8. Set required options in nova.conf on controller:
9. Turn off firewall and SELinux on all nodes as far as this bug manifests itself regardless of firewall and SELinux settings.
10. Restart all relevant services on all nodes
11. Spawn an instance
12. Check actual compute node where the instance is running. Use the other one in the next step.
13. Run command:
nova live-migration $INSTANCE $COMPUTE_NODE
Instance is not migrated to $COMPUTE_NODE. No error is being shown in CLI.
/var/log/nova/compute.log shows an error:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'instance_dir' referenced before assignment
Instance is migrated, No error in /var/log/nova/compute
The bug was already reported in the upstream:
Created attachment 919114 [details]
/var/log/nova/compute.log on the source node
Created attachment 919115 [details]
/var/log/nova/compute.log on the target node
Fix patch proposed upstream:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
*** Bug 1160404 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***