Description of problem:
Just installed new fonts and was trying to select one of the new fonts when LibreOffice crashed.
Version-Release number of selected component:
cmdline: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin --writer --splash-pipe=5
runlevel: N 5
Thread no. 1 (10 frames)
#0 compareTo at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-18.104.22.168/include/rtl/ustring.hxx:440
#1 FontList::ImplFind at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-22.214.171.124/svtools/source/control/ctrltool.cxx:185
#2 FontList::ImplFindByName at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-126.96.36.199/svtools/source/control/ctrltool.cxx:242
#3 FontList::Get at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-188.8.131.52/svtools/source/control/ctrltool.cxx:686
#4 SvxFontNameBox_Impl::UserDraw at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-184.108.40.206/svx/source/tbxctrls/tbcontrl.cxx:998
#5 ImplUserDrawHdl at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-220.127.116.11/vcl/source/control/combobox.cxx:1300
#6 ComboBox::LinkStubImplUserDrawHdl at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-18.104.22.168/vcl/source/control/combobox.cxx:1298
#7 Call at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-22.214.171.124/include/tools/link.hxx:123
#8 ImplListBoxWindow::ImplPaint at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-126.96.36.199/vcl/source/control/ilstbox.cxx:1820
#9 ImplListBoxWindow::ImplDoPaint at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-188.8.131.52/vcl/source/control/ilstbox.cxx:1977
Created attachment 919159 [details]
Created attachment 919160 [details]
Created attachment 919161 [details]
Created attachment 919162 [details]
Created attachment 919163 [details]
Created attachment 919164 [details]
Created attachment 919165 [details]
Created attachment 919166 [details]
Created attachment 919167 [details]
Created attachment 919168 [details]
Created attachment 919169 [details]
Is the crash reproducible? If yes, what fonts are these? Are they usable in another application, e.g., abiword?
Also, was libreoffice running when you added the fonts? (We fixed one bug on that kind some time ago; maybe there is another one.)
Crash is reproducible when adding the following fonts while LibreOffice is running.
I tried with abiword as well and did not encounter an issue. Also, it seems to work just fine if the fonts are installed while libreoffice is not running. Only when it is running and the font dropdown is selected after installing the fonts.
libreoffice-184.108.40.206-1.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 20 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing libreoffice-220.127.116.11-1.fc20'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
Issue resolved in version:
libreoffice-18.104.22.168-1.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.