Description of problem:
Obviously config-folder comparison on WebUI is not supported but there are no restrictions to do so.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create configuration channel via WebUI.
2. Create configuration folder in the channel.
3. Register a client to Satellite.
4. Add tools channel to the client and execute:
yum install rhncfg*
5. Assign the configuration channel to the client.
6. Deploy the configuration folder.
7. Change the owner of the folder that has been just deployed.
8. rhncfg-client verify
7. Schedule comparison of the deployed folder via WebUI.
This action's status is: Completed.
The client picked up this action on 07/22/14 6:28:38 AM EDT.
The client completed this action on 07/22/14 6:28:48 AM EDT.
Client execution returned "Files successfully diffed" (code 0)
/tmp/folder (rev. 1)
Some warning this operation is not supported via WebUI.
341 -> if os.path.isdir(path):
342 # We dont support dir diffs, ignore
I'm choosing to treat this as a bug in the implementation of 1004746 rather than a bug in explaining what is not supported. We do in fact support comparing directories deployed through config management - if you are using the 'rhncfg-client verify' tool. If the command-line client can do something then an action scheduled through the webui should be able to do it to.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1004746 ***