There's been active upstream development in OpenLMI since last release, including both new features and lots of bugfixes.
The API of recent version should be backwards compatible with current version.
- LVM thin provisioning
- extending/reducing volume groups
- we need to update openlmi-storage to new python-blivet API, heading to 7.1
Full upstream announce:
* Added support for thin provisioning in LVM. The provider can now create / delete thin pools and thin volumes.
* Added support for volume group modification - devices can be added / removed from a volume group.
* Added LMI_StorageExtent.DeviceBusType property to show how a block device is connected to the system (ATA, USB or SCSI).
* Added LMI_StorageConfigurationService.LMI_SCSIScan() to re-scan local SCSI bus and discover new devices.
* Added support for blivet version > 0.35.
* Many small fixes and improvements.
(I am still waiting for final blivet before I release it, but I expect just small bugfixes in the worst case)
New functionality verified and added to regression test.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.