Created attachment 920252 [details]
Description of problem:
It seems one can edit memory of template but not completely. Edit Template dialog misses Resource allocation tab and thus editing memory of the template conflicts with guaranteed memory of the "VM"/template which is not visible.
One can successfully define memory smaller that guaranteed memory of the VM in VM Edit dialog, so it seems Edit template dialog is broken in this respect.
`. Edit VM:
Physical Memory Guaranteed: 4096
-> System: 1024
Physical Memory Guaranteeed: 1024 (got propagated)
2. Edit Template:
no 'Resource Allocation tab'!
-> System: 1024
Error while executing action:
Cannot edit Template. Physical Memory Guaranteed cannot exceed Memory Size.
2014-07-23 17:05:10,552 WARN [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.job.ExecutionMessageDirector] (ajp-/127.0.0.1:8702-8) [7a5f1712] The message key UpdateVmTemplate is missing from bundles/ExecutionMessages
2014-07-23 17:05:10,978 WARN [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.UpdateVmTemplateCommand] (ajp-/127.0.0.1:8702-8) [7a5f1712] CanDoAction of action UpdateVmTemplate failed. Reasons:VAR__ACTION__UPDATE,VAR__TYPE__VM_TEMPLATE,ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_MIN_MEMORY_CANNOT_EXCEED_MEMORY_SIZE
IMHO this is broken logic.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create VM: 4096 memory, guaranteed 4096
2. create template from the VM
3. edit the template and define 1024 for the memory
failure, Edit template dialog is not able to change guaranteed memory, broken logic IMHO
Closing old bugs. If this issue is still relevant/important in current version, please re-open the bug.
Still relevant in 3.6.x.
resource allocation tab added for edit template
Verified with rhevm-3.6.0-0.12.master.el6.noarch.
1. created vm with 4096MB memory and guaranteed memory.
2. created a template from that vm.
3. edit template -> change memory to 1024MB -> OK -> template menu moves to resource allocation tab and marks the guaranteed memory field.
4. change guaranteed memory to 1024MB -> OK -> edit successful.
Flow looks good.