Cloned from launchpad blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/glaance-metadata-flavors.
Glance is currently exposing a metadata dictionary where the users can define the key/value pairs that describe their cloud deployment. This blueprint will get the available metadata from glance and will let the users add extraa specs to the flavors
Specification URL (additional information):
How to test:
1. Log in as admin
2. Go to images: "Update metadata" should be available as an action
3. Creating: Click on Other, create a new property named "test" in the left column and click +, set e.g. "7" as a value. Click on the image name to see the details and confirm the value appears in the custom properties.
4. Updating: Click on "Update metadata" for that same image, change "7" to something else, e.g. "hello", save. Click on the image name to see the details and confirm the new value appears in the custom properties.
5. Deleting: Click on "Update metadata" for that same image, click on the minus sign (-) beside the test key, Save. Click on the image name to see the details and confirm the value doesn't appear anymore in the custom properties.
6. Seeing existing glance value: Upload a new image and make sure to set the architecture (e.g. x86_64). Click on "Update metadata" and confirm you can see the key/pair value in the right "Existing value" column.
Optionally you could also confirm that the values are correctly visible for a regular user when they click on an image details.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.