Description of problem:
In deployments behind corporate proxies, it's sometime necessary to specify a proxy and its port or subscription-manager will fail.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Either setup subscription-manager details during setup or define them as parameters after installation; try to provision a machine and register it with RHN, it will fail if a proxy is necessary to reach Red Hat' servers.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup foreman and provision VM's/baremetal behind a proxy
2. use redhat_register snippet to register the provisioned hosts with Red Hat
3. watch it fail as there is no connection
This commit https://github.com/ams0/foreman-installer-staypuft/commit/d6b14846c9d84dcf5acf44eea51175d2fc53cab0 should fix it both in the provisioning template snippet and during initial installation.
The user is prompted to provide these:
1. Subscription manager username:
2. Subscription manager password:
3. Comma separated repositories: rhel-7-server-openstack-5.0-rpms
4. Subscription manager pool (optional):
5. Subscription manager proxy hostname:
6. Subscription manager proxy port:
7. Subscription manager proxy username:
8. Subscription manager proxy password:
9. Proceed with configuration
10. Skip this step (provisioning won't subscribe your machines)
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.