Description of problem:
Clearing "System identifier" field in <system> -> Provisioning -> Power management section is not possible. Once any value is put there for the first time, it is not possible to make this field empty.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
spacewalk-backend-2.2.43-1.el6.noarch (Satellite 5.7/Spacewalk 2.2)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. prepare Satellite 5.7 with power management support enabled (fence-agents installed)
2. register client to the Satellite, add provisioning entitlement
3. fill in the values in <system> -> Provisioning -> Power management
4. update the fields (network address, username, password, system identifier)
5. empty any of the fields
4. all fields may be updated
5. none of the fields may be emptied, which is OK for network address, username and password, but is NOT OK for system identifier
4. the same
5. system identifier field may be updated, edited and also emptied
Committing to Spacewalk master:
Verified with spacewalk-java-2.3.8-28.el6sat.noarch
With the release of Red Hat Satellite 5.7 on January 12th 2015 this bug is
being moved to a Closed Current Release state.
The Satellite 5.7 GA Errata:
Satellite 5.7 Release Notes:
Satellite Customer Portal Blog announcement for release:
NOTE: This bug has not been re-verified (moved to RELEASE_PENDING) prior to release. We assume that the bug has indeed been fixed and not regressed since we initially verified it. Please re-open in the future if needed.