1. Proposed title of this feature request
RFE: php54-php-pecl-redis php54-php-pecl-igbinary
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
TAM customer: no
SRM customer: no
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Request of 2 packages in a supported Red Hat channel
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer needs the packages in a supported Red Hat Channel
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Those packages exists in EPEL for base packages and, for RHSCL 1.1, in
pecl-igbinary is probably not suitable for a stable distribution, as this extension is not maintained upstream (fedora package are a git snapshot + patches).
pec/igbinary also optionally requires pecl/apcu.
pecl/igbinary is optional for pecl/redis
nrk/Predis is a pure PHP implementation of redis client.
redis (server) is not in RHEL.
Per comment 1, the "igbinary" and "redis" extensions are not considered stable, maintained upstream projects currently suitable for inclusion in Red Hat Software Collections. There is no intent to add these packages at this time.