Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 112651
AbiWord (2.0.2) crashes
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:34 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5)
Description of problem:
when using AbiWord in Fedora core 1 (kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl) :-
1) I open (import) a RTF file
2) I cut a number of lines, I create a nuew document
3) I paste the lines into the new document
4) I save the new document as a text (txt) file, I close the new
document's window down
6) Sometime the crash happens then, sometimes I have to repeat the
"cut,create,paste,save as" sequence a couple of times before it crashes.
7) The X error message says "Applicate "AbiWord" (process 2073) has
crashed due to a fatal error. (Aborted)"
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Cut and paste into newly created doc
2.Save doc as TXT file
3.Close down doc's window
Actual Results: X Error message
Expected Results: Nothing
Can you attach to the abiword process with gdb and then get a
backtrace of when it aborts?
The following was printed in the gdb terminal window:-
Program received SIGSEGV,Segmentation Fault.
[Switching to Thread - 1085353856 (LWP 2021)]
And a "bt" command gave :-
0x00000000 in ?? ()
I hope this helps.
I can't reproduce this with abiword 2.0.7-1 :-(. It could be fixed in
a later release than 2.0.2, or might be something to do with a
specific font or locale. Can you try with a later version (FC2), and
if it still persists attach a sample document which causes the crash
when cut and paste from.